The application purpose is to illustrate, in the context of the environmental taxation regimes, statistics for the European Union countries, and Italy in particular, by analysing the most significant variables.
Users can display charts and graphs representing the variables of the Italian environmental tax system in comparison with those of other European countries, with immediacy and ease-of-use interfaces.
The proposed statistical comparisons are:
- Comparison of environmental taxes with respect to the total fiscal revenue and GDP
- Breakdown of environmental taxes by category (Energy, Transport, Pollution and Resources)
- Fiscal and economic indicators
All tables and graphs include:
- Arithmetic and weighted averages (based on the countries’ GDP)
- Values are displayed as a percentage of total fiscal revenues or GDP
- Time series
Amounts are expressed in millions of euro.
Comparisons are available for all European Union member states.
The following options are available:
- EU - European Union
- EU15 - The 'old' member states
- NMS13 - The 'new' member states
- EA19 - Euro Area
A feature allowing a customized selection of the countries of interest, of the required time frame or of the time series for the data of interest is included in the application.
The Italian and English versions are both available.
Processing of the data published in the book: “Taxation trends in the European Union” by the European Commission - Taxation and Customs Union in collaboration with Eurostat.
Existing rates of excise duty on energy products published in the tables “Energy products and Electricity” by the European Commission - Taxation and Customs Union.
Processing of the data published by the European Commission for the Weekly Oil Bulletin.